bug in spdy - 499 response code on long running requests

justin nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Jun 23 05:31:25 UTC 2013

We sometimes have long running HTTPS requests, over 2 minutes, and
occasionally would see 499 response codes, and duplicate (double run)
transactions. After digging around and testing, it was discovered this only
occurs with spdy support enabled. If we turn off spdy in the server block,
the 499 response codes, and more  importunately duplicate transactions
stopped.

Is this a known limitation of spdy, or perhaps a bug? If this is a
limitation of spdy? Is it fixed in protocol version 3, since nginx only runs
version 2. Would love to turn spdy support back on, but I can't have
duplicate requests being fired.

Thanks.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,240278,240278#msg-240278