bug in spdy - 499 response code on long running requests

justin nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jun 25 03:26:15 UTC 2013

Valentin,

Unfortunately I did not build nginx --with-debug, additionally it would be
somewhat tedious and hard to replicate the issue.

However, if needed, I can recompile nginx on a development server and see if
I can replicate this error condition with spdy enabled. However the setup
would be tedious as it requires setting up SSL, etc. Can you think of an
easier way to test this though? Maybe simply a PHP file that does something
like:

<?php
     sleep(300);
     file_put_contents("request.log", date());
?>

Then call that from nginx with spdy enabled and see if it writes twice to
the file request.log.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,240278,240318#msg-240318