mp4 atom too large

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Jun 30 22:27:12 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 09:50:53AM +0100, Richard Kearsley wrote:

> Hi
>
> I already checked there, I'm getting a different error ("mp4 atom
> too large" != "mp4 moov atom is too large")
> My error message seems to have been added in this patch
> http://nginx.org/download/patch.2012.mp4.txt
> In any case, the example given there gives a reasonable example, as
> '12583268' is around 12MB so increasing it by 2MB would not be an
> issue
> However in my case, the value given is '723640794' which is around
> 690MB which is bigger than the actual file!
> I believe nginx is reading this information wrong in some way,
> either by the mp4 file being invalid or a bug
> Either way, I would like help to understand the error

The message in question means that the file is broken - the size
of a mp4 atom recorded in the file is greater than the file size.

If there are reasons to assume the file is ok, debug log should
give you enough information to compare what nginx thinks with what
is in the file.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html