502 bad gateway error with php5-fpm on Debian 7

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Fri Mar 1 13:55:00 UTC 2013

> > Dump question, but why did you put the vhost-files into "conf.d"?
> > Normally
> > they are stored in "sites-available" and symlinked in "sites-enabled".

> > nginx
> > (as apache) uses this directory to read all information about the
vhosts.
> > Are there any templates in "sites-enabled"? How do they look like?
>
> To be honest I don' know. When I've setup this configuration (more than
1
> year ago I think) I've probably take 2 or 3 days on #nginx IRC channel
and
> when it was working I've never modified the configuration.

If your install is anything like, mine there was no sites-available and
sites-enabled directories.  I used the directions on the download page to
install the stable version.  (
http://nginx.org/packages/centos/6/noarch/RPMS/nginx-release-centos-6-0.el6.ngx.noarch.rpm
followed by "yum install nginx")  /etc/nginx.conf had an include for
conf.d and in that directory, they had a sample

>From the context, I take it the sites-available directory had the various
site definition files, and for those that you want to use, you create the
link in sites-enabled, much like rc3.d links to init.d?

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.