WildCard domains : how to treat IP Address and Specific Domains differently from Failover/Wildcard Domains ?

Jonathan Vanasco nginx at 2xlp.com
Fri Mar 1 20:20:10 UTC 2013

forgive me if this has been asked before -- I couldn't find this exact question in my mailing list archives back to 2007

I am trying to deal with wildcard domains in a setup.

The intended result is to do this :

	Requests for example.com
		Serve Site A

	All IP Address Requests :
		Serve Site A

	All other domains ( wildcard / failover )
		Serve Site B

I've tried several combinations of listen + server name, but I can't get this right.  I end up sending everything to site A or site B.