nginx/KQUEUE+SPDY breaks proxy_ignore_client_abort

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Fri Mar 1 22:09:46 UTC 2013

On Saturday 02 March 2013 00:56:06 Phil Pennock wrote:
> [fixed Subject: to help others with issue track it]
>
> On 2013-03-01 at 17:12 +0400, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> > It looks like you are running nginx with experimental SPDY patch,
> > and it broke things here.  Try recompiling nginx without SPDY
> > patch to see if it helps.
>
> That fixed things, thank you.
>
> So, nginx+KQUEUE+SPDY breaks clients which shutdown on the write side,
> without the ability to disable treating this as a client abort.
>
> I'll sacrifice SPDY for now, to have correctness for existing clients.
>
> Do you think that the SPDY patch will change to include something like
> proxy_ignore_client_abort or will write-shutdowns just be treated as
> unacceptable?
>
> Given that SPDY requires SSL which inherently requires bi-directional
> connections at all times, the current behaviour with the SPDY patch is
> absolutely correct, if SPDY is enabled for that server.  In this case,
> it's a cleartext server so SPDY wasn't enabled at all.

SPDY patch also includes many changes for http core of nginx. The one that
you see, is the unintended result of these changes. I'm going to fix it in
upcoming revision, since it can break some setups as you have mentioned.

Thank you for the report.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

--
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html