'Primary' domain in server block?

Tom Barrett tom at miramedia.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 08:53:34 UTC 2013

On 7 March 2013 17:06, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 09:30:01AM +0000, Tom Barrett wrote:
>
> Hi there,

Thanks for reading :)

> I'm doing some work with PayPal integration.
>
> How does nginx talk to your PayPal integration system?

I think perhaps my use of the word 'integration' was a little
grandiose. The general server setup is PHP fastcgi with a WordPress
installation.
The link to the PayPal account is via a simple HTML form with a price and
submit button.

In nginx, the variable $server_name is the first entry for the server_name
> directive in the appropriate server{} block.
>
> There are circumstances in which the variable $host will take that value.
>
> > How is PayPal doing that?
>
> Presumably you're giving the information it to PayPal somehow?

So, however PayPal is grabbing it's information, it gets the first entry in
the server_name directive. And that's my only option?

> > And are there any config settings I can use to
> > change this behaviour?
>
> Probably. What's your current relevant config?

Well, assuming my above statement is correct, then only the server_name
directive is relevant?

It is a pretty trivial setup: http://pastebin.com/SdaB1ZW4