502 Bad Gateway- Nginx and thin

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Mar 18 17:14:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 05:13:12PM +0100, Yunior Miguel A. wrote:

Hi there,

> I am put the same port and change  server unix:/tmp/thin.sock;
>
> and the log is the same.

I'm not sure what exact configuration and log you are looking at in this
test, but if your nginx.conf says "unix:/tmp/thin.sock" and your nginx
error log says "connect() to unix:/tmp/thin.0.sock failed", then your
actually-running nginx is not using that nginx.conf.

Alternatively, if your nginx.conf says "unix:/tmp/thin.sock" and your
nginx error log says "connect() to unix:/tmp/thin.sock failed", then
that strongly suggests that your thin is not listening on that socket.

So either make sure that thin is doing what you expect, or make sure
that nginx is doing what you expect, depending on what your test showed.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org