How to change cookie header in a filter?

Cool coolbsd at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:50:43 UTC 2013

Thanks Maxim, I got what you mean.

Since I'm using fastCGI so I put something like this:

fastcgi_param HTTP_COOKIE "$http_cookie; mycookie=$cookie_note";

(I populated cookie_note in my filter already, this was done for logging
purpose thus it is just a reuse of existing facility)

More problems come with this solution:

1. it seems fastcgi_param called before my filter so $cookie_note always
got empty, and
2. it seems fastcgi_param could not be used in a if directive so I end
up with change the cookie header even the mycookie is presented in
user's request, thus
3. all i got is a empty mycookie value

However, this is really a good start point as at least it changes
cookies sent to upstream, will look into codes to see how it works.

-C

PS, the expected behavior is:

1. user sends request
2. if mycookie presents and it is valid (some checksum function), it
will not be touched and just pass through to upstream
3. if mycookie does not present or it is invalid (i.e. faked)
- a new mycookie will be generated based on user's ip, port, time, etc,
note that this means mycookies for different users are totally different
- the new mycookie will be in Set-Cookie header
- the new mycookie should be in the incoming cookie header as well, so
that upstream can always have a mycookie
4. either it's a mycookie from request or populated, the cookie_note
variable will be updated, mainly for logging purpose, but could be
something else (like traffic routing).

于 13-3-19 上午6:04, Maxim Dounin 写道: