HTTP Basic Auth question

Russ Lavoy ussray_00 at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 19:55:22 UTC 2013

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay.

I have tried the following configuration which does not seem to work at all.

proxy_hide_header Authorization;

proxy_set_header Authorization "$remote_user";|

I can still sniff the traffic on lo and get the base64 user:pass.  The interesting thing is I do not see the Authorization header being sent to the django app whatsoever.  Is there a way I can totally remove the header even at the loop back level so it is not able to get intercepted?

Thanks,

Russ