Multiple site configuration

guillaumeserton nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon May 13 16:26:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to set nginx to use several website, and that they are
reachable for some of them with a domain name or in localhost.

Example:
Site1: only accessible on localhost with 192.168.x.x/site1 (root:
/var/www/site1)
Site2: accessible accessible on site2.eu domain and also on localhost with
192.168.x.x/site2 (root: /var/www/site2)
Site3: accessible on the subdomain sub.site2.eu and also on localhost with
192.168.x.x/subsite2 (root: /var/www/subsite2)

I have set two sites (site2 and site3) on my configuration and reachable
with domain and subdomain. But i can't reach them locallly with the
ipaddress/nameofsite. I have only one site accessible directly under my
local ip address.

So, currently i have:

Site2 (var/www/site2: reachable with his domain site2.eu or www.site2.eu and
also on the local ip 192.168.x.x
SIte3 (var/www/site3: reachable with the domain sub.site2.eu. Otherwise i
can't reach him locally. I would like to reach him with 192.168.x.x/site3

Thanks for your help.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,239147,239147#msg-239147