Problem with fastcgi_split_path_info on ubuntu precise

vilsack nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue May 14 14:17:13 UTC 2013

Francis Daly Wrote:
> On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 07:04:21AM -0400, zakaria wrote:
> > Francis Daly Wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> > Thank you for confirm it.
> > Its nginx bug #321 http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/ticket/321
>
> Ah, good find -- I hadn't spotted that it was a "known issue".
>
> >         location ~ [^/]\.php(/|$) {
>
> Just as another alternative, it is probably possible to use named
> captures
> in the "location" regex and avoid using fastcgi_split_path_info at all
> --
> with everything up to and including ".php" being used as the script
> name,
> and something like "(/.*)?$" being the path info.
>
> But what you have here already looks like it should be working, so can
> probably be left alone.
>
> Cheers,

> --
> Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org

Francis, could you please show me an example?

I'm encountering this issue on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS while trying to set up
Phalcon; a c lib/framework for PHP.  So far the other fixes in this thread
haven't worked.

Phalcon's Doc: http://docs.phalconphp.com/en/latest/reference/nginx.html

I think Phalcon is dependent on how fastcgi_split_info works, so I'm trying
to "replicate" how it handles the rewrite using regex.  Am I going about
this the wrong way?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238825,239155#msg-239155