499s and repeated requests

Tim Düsterhus timwolla at bastelstu.be
Thu Nov 7 10:27:02 UTC 2013

On 07.11.2013 04:35, njvack wrote:
> they appear to be legit requests repeated by... the browser...? insanely quickly.

I experienced that kind of issue in either Firefox or Chrome (i think it
was Firefox) myself. The only difference is that the status code was
444. After the closing of the connection by nginx Firefox would try to
repeat the request, instead of showing an error message, until I closed
the browser window or nginx served a valid page.

The nginx I was running at that time was an nginx 1.4.3 built by dotdeb.

Tim