SSL Handshake problems, nginx reverse web proxy.

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Nov 12 21:18:33 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:22:24PM -0500, Nathan wrote:

> On 11/12/2013 12:14 PM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
>
> > As of nginx 1.5.6+, there is the proxy_ssl_protocols directive
> > exacly for this kind of problems.  Restricting proxy_ssl_ciphers to
> > a smaller set may help too (again, in 1.5.6+).
> >
> Good, so now all i have to do is convince Epel to carry a newer
> version of nginx.
>
> # rpm -qa | grep nginx
> nginx-1.0.15-5.el6.x86_64
>
> I could to and get an rpm elsewhere i'm sure, that breaks our
> standards though.
>

> Any other suggestions?

Source code can be downloaded here:

http://nginx.org/en/download.html

It's more or less trivial to compile.  And we've even added
precompiled mainline packages for various Linux'es, see links on
the same page.

If it doesn't work for you, you have another obvious option:
fixing a backend will do the trick, too.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html