Does Nginx have separate queuing mechanism for requests?

amehzenin nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 3 14:26:33 UTC 2013

Maxim Dounin Wrote:

> There is no queue in nginx, but there is queue in a listen socket
> of your backend app.  It's called "listen queue" or "backlog" and
> likely it's what preserves a request order for you.
>
> --
> Maxim Dounin
> http://nginx.org/en/donation.html

You meen application server has listen socket:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>

int listen(int sockfd, int backlog);

(http://linux.die.net/man/2/listen)

And backlog defines the length of this queue. Nginx pushes requests to
app-server as they come and app-server take this requests from his own queue
when he is ready to serve next request. Am I right?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,243372,243406#msg-243406