Nginx Fastcgi_cache performance - Disk cached VS tmpfs cached VS serving static file

ddutra nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Oct 4 17:43:52 UTC 2013

As promised here are my stats on vmware 4 vcpus siege -c50 -b -t240s -i
'http://127.0.0.1/test.html'
gzip off, pagespeed off.

Transactions:                  898633 hits
Availability:                 100.00 %
Elapsed time:                 239.55 secs
Data transferred:           39087.92 MB
Response time:                  0.01 secs
Transaction rate:            3751.34 trans/sec
Throughput:                   163.17 MB/sec
Concurrency:                   49.83
Successful transactions:      898633
Failed transactions:               0
Longest transaction:            0.03
Shortest transaction:           0.00

If you want to paste your considerations on my stackoverflow question
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19160737/nginx-fastcgi-cache-performance-disk-cached-vs-tmpfs-cached-vs-static-file

I'll pick it as a correct anwser.

Now i'll set up static gzip serving and use comp level 1 for dynamic
content.

Thanks alot. Best regards

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,243412,243445#msg-243445