Quick performance deterioration when No. of clients increases

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Sat Oct 12 13:47:50 UTC 2013

On 11/10/2013 11:18 πμ, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> Apart from adding cores, there are 2 things I'd suggest looking at
>
> - are you using an opcode cacher? APC ( install via pecl to get the
> latest ) works really well with php in fpm... allocate plenty of
> memory to it too
> - check the bandwidth at the network interface. The usual 100Mbit
> connection can easily get swamped by a graphics rich site - especially
> with 250 concurrent users. If this is a problem, then look at using a
> CDN to ease things.

Thanks for the hints.

The strange thing is that unix load does not seem to be over-strained
when this performance deterioration occurs.

APCu seems to be enabled:

    extension = apcu.so
    apc.enabled=1
    apc.mmap_file_mask=/tmp/apc.XXXXXX

All other params are default.

The network interface is Gigabit and should not be a problem.

We'll add virtual RAM and cores. *Any other suggestions? *

I wish there were a tool which benchmark/analyze the box and running
services and produce suggestions for all lemp stack config: mysqld, php,
php-fpm, apc, nginx! Some magic would help!!

Thanks,
Nick