phpbb problems

cyrus_the_great nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Oct 22 10:03:40 UTC 2013

I am having some problems with phpbb loading the style sheets for the admin
area, and also the URLs look strange which could be related. I am using an
nginx server config I pulled off the web which is suppossed to be equivalent
of the Apache httpd rewrite rules, but they don't seem to be enough.

server {
        server_name forumobfuscated.onion;
        root /var/www/sites/obfuscated_forum;
        access_log /home/obfuse/access_log;
        error_log /home/obfuse/error_log;
        index  index.php index.html index.htm;

        location ~
/(config\.php|common\.php|cache|files|images/avatars/upload|includes|store)
{
                deny all;
                return 403;
        }

        location ~* \.(gif|jpeg|jpg|png|css)$ {
                expires   30d;
        }

        location ~ \.php$ {
                fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9002;
                fastcgi_index index.php;
                fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
/var/www/sites/obfuscated_forum$fastcgi_script_name;
                fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
               fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
               fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
               fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;
               fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
                fastcgi_read_timeout 360;

               include        fastcgi_params;

That is what I am using, URLs appear strange.

This is what a link to the admin area looks like:
http://obfuscatedforum.onion/adm/index.php/index.php?sid=e74213251b1867be1ca25ba667c4cb6b

It does load and I can use the pages but the CSS stylesheet isn't coming
through, nor are the images. It would be good if phpbb was mentioned in the
nginx wiki like drupal and other sites.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,243973,243973#msg-243973