Nginx lua capture_multi fire and forget

PieterVI nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Oct 23 09:46:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We're currently using the lua capture_multi to send production request to
test systems.
And sometimes we also kind of 'fork' these request to multiple test
systems.

But if one of the test systems is slow to respond the lua code waits till it
gets all responses.
And this is something we actually don't like to have.

Is there a way to have the lua module launch the requests without waiting
for the response?
It should fire the requests and continue directly afterwards and forget
about the response handling.
I could try and modify the lua module, but I'm not really familiar with
C/C++ coding.

Here's a config sample:
http://pastebin.com/U5qgXCFh

Thanks in advance,