proxy pass with rewrite

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Oct 25 11:43:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 01:25:10PM +0200, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> Am 25.10.2013 um 10:01 schrieb Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org>:

Hi there,

> > https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkins+behind+an+NGinX+reverse+proxy
> > looks like it may have useful information.
>
> I have used this how to, but I cannot create a working solution

The config in this howto, and the config that you showed, are not the same.

Note particularly the "location" and the "proxy_pass" lines.

> > Fix jenkins so that it knows it is below /jenkins/, not below /.
>
> I have set in Jenkins System panel the field "Jenkins URL" to "myserver/jenkins/"

The howto say to do something else as well.

I don't know if it is correct -- I don't use Jenkins -- but I also don't
know what you've done, because you haven't said.

> Any URLs are working correct but other are working. CSS are not working because the /jenkins/ part
> is not exists. So it seems that nginx removes on some URL the /jenkins/ part in the URL

That could be due to proxy_pass.

http://nginx.org/r/proxy_pass

"specified with a URI" means "any slash after the host:port part".

If that doesn't fix things, then can you find one request which does
not work as you expect it to, and show what url nginx gets, and what
url jenkins gets, and see if that helps find where things go wrong?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org