SSL certificate chain

Daniel Lundqvist daniel at malarhojden.nu
Mon Sep 2 13:08:16 UTC 2013

So … mysteries solved. I believe.

A few things was wrong for me:

1) I had a catch all virtual host using the same certificate file as main site (configured both with a "invalid" server name and default_server for both HTTP and HTTPS)

2) It seems virtual server is also selected based on CN/SubjectAltName from certificate which I did not know (is this correct? Seem so from my testing)

So I changed the certificate on catch all virtual server to self signed and now everything seems to be ok.

Sorry for taking up your time with my misconfigured server. At least I learned something :)

--
daniel