[ANN] ngx_openresty stable version 1.4.2.8 released

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:46:47 UTC 2013

Hello folks!

I am happy to announce that the new stable version of ngx_openresty,
1.4.2.8, is now released:

    http://openresty.org/#Download

Special thanks go to all the contributors for making this happen!

Below is the complete change log for this release, as compared to the
last (mainline) release, 1.4.2.7:

 *   upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.8.10.

     *   bugfix: we did not declare the "level" local variable of
         "ngx_http_lua_ngx_log" at the beginning of the code block.
         thanks Edwin Cleton for the report.

     *   docs: documented more limitations in the current
         implementation.

     *   docs: avoided using module() and also recommended the
         lua-releng tool to locate misuse of Lua globals.

The HTML version of the change log with some helpful hyper-links can
be browsed here:

    http://openresty.org/#ChangeLog1004002

The following components are bundled in this version:

 *   LuaJIT-2.0.2

 *   array-var-nginx-module-0.03rc1

 *   auth-request-nginx-module-0.2

 *   drizzle-nginx-module-0.1.6

 *   echo-nginx-module-0.48

 *   encrypted-session-nginx-module-0.03

 *   form-input-nginx-module-0.07

 *   headers-more-nginx-module-0.22

 *   iconv-nginx-module-0.10

 *   lua-5.1.5

 *   lua-cjson-1.0.3

 *   lua-rds-parser-0.05

 *   lua-redis-parser-0.10

 *   lua-resty-dns-0.10

 *   lua-resty-memcached-0.11

 *   lua-resty-mysql-0.13

 *   lua-resty-redis-0.15

 *   lua-resty-string-0.08

 *   lua-resty-upload-0.08

 *   memc-nginx-module-0.13

 *   nginx-1.4.2

 *   ngx_coolkit-0.2rc1

 *   ngx_devel_kit-0.2.18

 *   ngx_lua-0.8.10

 *   ngx_postgres-1.0rc3

 *   rds-csv-nginx-module-0.05rc2

 *   rds-json-nginx-module-0.12rc10

 *   redis-nginx-module-0.3.6

 *   redis2-nginx-module-0.10

 *   set-misc-nginx-module-0.22

 *   srcache-nginx-module-0.22

 *   xss-nginx-module-0.03rc9

Just a quick heads-up: we're going to include proper WebSocket support
in the next mainline version :)

Enjoy!
-agentzh