[ANNOUNCE] nginx-http-rdns module

Dmitry Shurupov dmitry.shurupov at flant.ru
Fri Sep 27 12:20:51 UTC 2013

Hi guys!

Our small Russian company (flant.com) is pleased to announce new module
called nginx-http-rdns.

As you can see from its name, the main feature of this module is making
reverse DNS lookups to get DNS name of client's IP address.

Features:
* usual rDNS lookup (saving result in $rdns_hostname variable) [rdns on];
* "double lookup": rDNS to get the name and DNS to get the IP address
back [rdns double];
* rewrite module support ("rdns" can be used inside "if" blocks);
* simple access control to allow/deny connections from given DNS names
[rdns_allow & rdns_deny].

We use this module in production for a long time so it should be pretty
stable.

Source code, docs (and your forks? :-)) are at GitHub:
https://github.com/flant/nginx-http-rdns
The documentation based on our README file is here:
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpRdnsModule

P.S. We have Russian documentation as well:
http://flant.ru/projects/nginx-http-rdns

--
Dmitry Shurupov,
CSJC Flant