How to make proxy revalidate resource at origin

Thijs Koerselman thijskoerselman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:09:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I posted this on stackoverflow already but I thought I might have more luck
here :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19023777/how-to-make-proxy-revalidate-resource-from-origin

In short, I can't find a way to make nginx revalidate a cached resource
with the origin. Whenever nginx is in front of my server, the origine never
returns a 304. Nginx just gets a new copy whenever it expires, and I can't
trigger a revalidate either. I've tried different approaches with
cache-control headers but nginx doesn't seem to respect them.

Cheers,
Thijs