nginx doesn't seem to register configuration changes

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Apr 1 11:42:34 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 01:11:47PM +0200, Nicholas Wieland wrote:

> On April 1, 2014 at 1:01:46 PM, Maxim Dounin (mdounin at mdounin.ru) wrote:
> > > Any suggestion?
>
> > Take a look at global error log as defined in your nginx.conf, likely
> > it has an explanation.
>

> Not really, the error I posted is actually the only error I get.
> My best guess is that for some reasons nginx doesn’t like the
> path I pass and uses the previous one, but this is a very wild
> guess.

The error you've posted is expected to appear in your per-server
error log, as defined in the include file you've shared with us.
This is not the log you should look at, no global errors will be
logged to it - you should look at the global log, as defined in
your nginx.conf (not in an include file, but in the nginx.conf
itself).

If you don't see any errors there - make sure to configure at
least "notice" logging level and test if you see relevant notice
messages during configuration reload.  If you don't - you are
probably looking into a wrong file.

See here for documentation:

http://nginx.org/r/error_log

http://nginx.org/