limit_conn_zone Nginx Unknow error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Apr 7 17:13:53 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 11:17:40AM -0500, Raul Hugo wrote:

> Hey Maxim, thx for your answer.
>
> On my /etc/nginx/nginx.conf I put this:
>
> limit_conn_zone $binary_remote_addr zone=one:63m;
>
> And on my .conf of my project located on /etc/nginx/vhost.d/myproject.conf
>
> I put this :
>
> on the server configuration:
>
>  location / {
>
>          limit_conn one 10;
>
> }
>
> Nginx read the include first, if this line it before the limit_conn_zone
> directive?

Include will, literally, include contents of its argument.  That
is, something like

    include /path/to/file/with/limit_conn;
    limit_conn_zone ...

is essentially equivalent to

    <contents of /path/to/file/with/limit_conn>
    limit_conn_zone ...

You have to define limit_conn_zone before it's used, and hence
before the include of the server configuration.

http://nginx.org/