High traffic on Nginx-Webservers !!

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Apr 22 10:17:06 UTC 2014

Am Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:39:53 +0500
schrieb shahzaib shahzaib <shahzaib.cb at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
>        We're using the cluster of 5 webservers using nginx (reverse
> proxy)
> + apache to handle php requests. Our web-servers are constantly high
> with load-avg of 2.0~3.0. I have seen people using varnish between
> nginx + apache. Could someone guide me if installing Nginx > Varnish
> > apache will reduce the server load ?
>
> It's urgent.

If the content is cachable, it will reduce load.

But deploying varnish requires some experience and knowledge of the
application.
Unless the application is e.g. plain-vanilla wordpress, there are no
out-of-the-box varnish tutorials to help you in your specific situation.

If your content is cachable and you don't require varnish's
cache-invalidation features, you could use nginx's proxy-caching
features.

See the wiki/handbook.