use subdirectories instead of subdomains

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Fri Apr 25 20:44:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 4/25/14, 3:59 PM, Thuban wrote:
> * Jim Ohlstein <jim at ohlste.in> le [25-04-2014 14:17:33 -0400]:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 4/25/14, 1:17 PM, Thuban wrote:

[snip]

>> I'm still not sure you've actually given a reason why you need an alias.
>>
> Infact, I don't have a good reason for using alias, I just found this
> proposal on the web while I was trying to configure this.

Blindly following a "tutorial" without understanding what it does can be
a recipe for problems like this.

> I also would like to use includes, because I might need to add other
> services on the host and keeping things clean.
>
> The idea is to define some subdirectories as is they were "new root".

I agree that they provide for easy maintenance. However, in this case
you have errors are coming from the included file. That's why I said to
try putting it all in your nginx.conf first until you get it working.
For me (and perhaps only me), I find it easier working with one file
when I'm trying to debug a configuration problem.

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference." - Mark Twain