GeoIP FirstNonPrivateXForwardedForIP

wandenberg nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Aug 1 02:13:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

some time ago I had a similar issue and I grab some parts of nginx internals
modules and did one specific to me.
My issue was to use the first XForwardedFor IP, but only when the client
address was the Google Chrome Proxy.
I don't know if this is the best approach,
but I check the client ip using the reverse dns and, if the ip came from
Google,
I change it for the first ip on XFowardedFor header.
Doing that, the GeoIP module can be executed with the "real ip" instead of
the Google.

If you want to look how I did, the code is here
https://github.com/wandenberg/nginx-trusted-proxy-resolver-module.
(The idea is to expand this module to support other mobiles proxies like
Windows Phone and Mini Opera.)

Regards,
Wandenberg

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,250823,252190#msg-252190