How can I run more than one process on Windows?

eComEvo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Aug 20 14:35:51 UTC 2014

Despite sending an async request to the server over AJAX, the server will
not respond until the previous unrelated request has finished. The following
code is only broken in this way on Nginx, but runs perfectly on Apache.

This call will start a background process and it waits for it to complete so
it can display the final result.

    $.ajax({
    	type: 'GET',
    	async: true,
    	url: $(this).data('route'),
    	data: $('input[name=data]').val(),
    	dataType: 'json',
    	success: function (data) { /* do stuff */}
    	error: function (data) { /* handle errors */}
    });

The below is called after the above, which on Apache requires 100ms to
execute and repeats itself, showing progress for data being written in the
background:

    checkStatusInterval = setInterval(function () {
    	$.ajax({
    		type: 'GET',
    		async: false,
    		cache: false,
    		url: '/status?process=' + element.attr('id'),
    		dataType: 'json',
    		success: function (data) { /* update progress bar and change status
messages */ }
    	});
    }, 1000);

Unfortunately, when this script is run from nginx, the above progress
request never even finishes a single request until *after* the first AJAX
request that sent the data gets it's own response.

Basically, it appears that the nginx server can only handle 1 open request
at a time on Windows. I don't have this problem at all on Linux production
servers.

Is there anyway to configure nginx so I can use it on my local Windows 8.1
development server?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,252695,252695#msg-252695