NGINX module reporting 0 time to access.log

chase.holland nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Dec 2 03:09:14 UTC 2014

Hey all,

We've written a module to connect NGINX / OpenResty with ZMQ endpoints
(https://github.com/neloe/ngx_zmq), but all requests through the module
report a 0.000 time back to access.log, making it impossible to determine
which of our subsystems is the problem area in terms of latency. Is there a
flag or callback somewhere that needs to be implemented in order to report
this time properly?

Semi-related to the issue above... We're seeing an odd behaviour where we
get idle CPUs but 2s-120s oscillating latencies. Flame graphs reveal we're
spending most of our time in nginx's http handler and epoll waiting, but I'm
not sure what else I expect them to say.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Chase Holland

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255254,255254#msg-255254