SSL behaviour with multiple server blocks for same port

Alex alex at zeitgeist.se
Mon Feb 3 19:03:52 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-03 19:01, Valentin V. Bartenev wrote:

> Sorry for the late answer.

Hi! No problem at all!

> This behavior cannot be avoided since even if you do not advertise SPDY via
> NPN/ALPN for some virtual hosts, but do for another, then browsers still be
> able to request any of them using an already established SPDY connection.

That makes sense - thanks for the explanation. I guess it'd be easier in
cases like these if nginx had some functionality to display the values
of currently parsed config parameters (similar to postconf in postfix),
which would allow to quickly detect possibly unwanted configurations
(such as the SPDY parameter that was still present in certain NPN-based
vhosts) and/or configurations that deviate from standard settings. Not
that it's important... just in case we run out of ideas how to improve
nginx further. ;)