Mmm.. Subrequests anyone ?

Larry nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Feb 13 15:12:08 UTC 2014

Hello !

I am not sure that I understood this sentence from
http://www.aosabook.org/en/nginx.html :

"However, nginx goes further—not only can filters perform multiple
subrequests and combine the outputs into a single response, but subrequests
can also be nested and hierarchical"

It is pretty clear by itself, not the question, but how can one "stack" a
response from multiple different files from one request by the client ?

Does it enables to request fileA and be able to get fileA + fileB + file C ?
If true, it is a good way to reduce the req/s over the network.

Any code example (even the most basic) ?

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,247521,247521#msg-247521