Check if the file exists.

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Feb 20 21:53:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 01:34:10PM -0800, Felix Quintana wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm trying to check if the file exists before passing it to fastcgi but I have not found as.

> I've tried try_files but not find a way.
> The file is of the form:
> /web/app.php/asd/fgh?ert=xx

What http request do you make?

What file on your filesystem do you want to check the existence of?

What file on your filesystem do you want to tell the fastcgi server
to process?

(The last two questions will probably have the same answer unless chroots
are involved.)

What nginx variables hold the names of the files you care about?

Possibly fastcgi_split_path_info
(http://nginx.org/r/fastcgi_split_path_info) will be useful to you.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org