Loadable runtime modules?

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Fri Feb 21 16:34:43 UTC 2014

> Thanks, that's handy to be aware of, but would still like to enquire as to
> why Nginx doesn't support such loadable modukes?

I don't see how that makes any harder (or more time consuming) when the
modules are linked into the binary.

There is no need to always recompile the whole source as you can just delete
the particular module *.o files files from objs/ (objs/addon/ if for third
party modules) and then just do 'make' which will recompile those and relink
into binary.

This way you can always do a live upgrade (kill -usr2/kill -quit) for the
running process (or roll back to the old/prev binary) without the mess what
involves dynamically (un)loading a module on the fly.

rr