rpm packaging a web application software to run on nginx

Doruk Fisek dfisek at ozguryazilim.com.tr
Sat Feb 22 13:55:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

 I'm trying to add Nginx support to the LDAP Account Manager RPM
package.

 In Apache, the package adds a /etc/httpd/conf.d/lam.apache.conf that
has a simple Alias directive:

 Alias /lam /usr/share/ldap-account-manager

 However when I try to do that with a Location directive
in /etc/nginx/conf.d/lam.nginx.conf, I get:

 "location directive is not allowed here"

 I have to put the Location directive inside a server block, which
makes the config file not usable out of the box (the user has to
manually place it in all server blocks, including the default one).

 Since my Apache way of thinking isn't working in Nginx, my question
is: How do I prepare an RPM package of a web application, which when
installed, will be up and running in Nginx without any manual editing
on the user's part?

                   Doruk

--
Özgür Yazılım A.Ş. ~ #