Odd issue with proxy_pass serving wrong cached data

Brian Hill hillb at yosemite.edu
Fri Feb 28 00:55:43 UTC 2014

Interestingly, this will teach me not to leave out "irrelevant" bits of my config files when posting them. My configs failed to include a few items like ModSecurity, because it didn't occur to me that they could have any impact on the problem I was describing. As it turns out, disabling ModSecurity solved the problem. I'm still not sure why ModSecurity is causing NGINX to serve bad data on reloads, but it's clearly a ModSecurity issue or a problem with the communication between ModSecurity and NGINX.

BH