agentzh's encrypted session module

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 19:44:43 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I've been studying agentzh's encrypted session module from
> https://github.com/agentzh/encrypted-session-nginx-module/tree/master/src.

Thank you for checking it out! :)

> The problem I am having is: I cannot tell how this is plumbed into
> nginx framework such that a value is encrypted going one way, and
> decrypted going another. From the module, I clearly see the command:

The callbacks are injected into the standard ngx_rewrite module's
command list by means of the ndk_set_var submodule in the
ngx_devel_kit (NDK) module:

    https://github.com/simpl/ngx_devel_kit

The entry point of NDK called ngx_encrypted_session is
ndk_set_var_value. You can trace from there :)

The actual request-time caller of these configuration directives is
the standard ngx_rewrite module at the "rewrite" running phase.

Best regards,
-agentzh