OT: OpenSSL 1.0.1f

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Tue Jan 7 09:59:03 UTC 2014

On 06/01/14 21:02, Rob Stradling wrote:
> On 06/01/14 20:40, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> <snip>
>> There's also an Apple SecureTransport bug workaround. Apple's
>> SecrureTransport does not properly negotiate ECDHE-ECDSA cipher
>> suites. It affects Mac OS X and could affect iOS. It might be prudent
>> to add SSL_OP_SAFARI_ECDHE_ECDSA_BUG by default.
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg32629.html.
>
> Nginx doesn't yet support multiple server certs per site (e.g. 1 RSA
> cert and 1 ECC cert), so SSL_OP_SAFARI_ECDHE_ECDSA_BUG isn't yet useful.

Actually I suppose that's not strictly true.  Setting
SSL_OP_SAFARI_ECDHE_ECDSA_BUG would be useful today on any Nginx server
with an ECC cert and both ECDHE-ECDSA cipher(s) and ECDH-ECDSA cipher(s)
enabled.  (I don't suppose there are many such servers!)

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist