Errors using HttpUseridModule

Gabriel Arrais lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jan 16 22:13:00 UTC 2014

Thank you for the answer Francis!

  >Is there any pattern to the errors that you can see?
  >
  >Are they all coming from a particular browser version, for example?

For now, I can't see any pattern and the error logs (how they are
formatted now) does not help me, they don't pass the user-agent data.

  >They are unnecessary, but I think that they are possibly allowed by
  >rfc 2109.

Yes, I think if that is the case, nginx could be more permissive...

  >It looks to me like something -- client, server, or just the display
--
  >has gotten confused and mixed together the Cookie: header with
probably
  >an Accept: header. I don't think there's much that can be done about
  >this, apart from try to identify the culprit and see if it is
something
  >repeatable and fixable.

I see that in this case maybe de client corrupted de cookie data
unfortunately.. Anyway I will leave here another log entry with the same
error but a different value in the cookie.

2014/01/15 23:46:50 [error] 1577#0: *18789665 client sent too short
userid cookie "sid=", client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: xxxxxxx, request:
"GET /xxxxx HTTP/1.1", host: "xxxxxxx", referrer: "http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx"