Errors using HttpUseridModule

Gabriel Arrais lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jan 16 22:15:55 UTC 2014

Thank you for the answer Francis!

Francis Daly wrote in post #1133390:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 09:41:25PM +0100, Gabriel Arrais wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
>> We're receiving a lot of errors lately concerning the format of the
>> userid cookie.
>
> Is there any pattern to the errors that you can see?
>
> Are they all coming from a particular browser version, for example?

For now, I can't see any pattern and the error logs (how they are
formatted now) does not help me, they don't pass the user-agent data.

>> [error] 1581#0: *20523638 client sent invalid userid cookie
>> "sid="Cvwk2lLYLvhh3gYtDscPAg=="; $Path="/"" while reading response
>
> It looks to me like nginx does not expect the quotes after the =.
>
> They are unnecessary, but I think that they are possibly allowed by
> rfc 2109.
>
> If they are allowed, then nginx should probably be changed to accept
> them. If they are not, then the client should probably be changed not
> to send them.

Yes, I think if that is the case, nginx could be more permissive...

>> [error] 1582#0: *17018740 client sent too short userid cookie
>> "sid=Cvwkcept: */*", client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: xxxxxxxxx, request:
>
> It looks to me like something -- client, server, or just the display --
> has gotten confused and mixed together the Cookie: header with probably
> an Accept: header. I don't think there's much that can be done about
> this, apart from try to identify the culprit and see if it is something
> repeatable and fixable.

I see that in this case maybe de client corrupted de cookie data
unfortunately.. Anyway I will leave here another log entry with the same
error but a different value in the cookie.

2014/01/15 23:46:50 [error] 1577#0: *18789665 client sent too short
userid cookie "sid=", client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: xxxxxxx, request:
"GET /xxxxx HTTP/1.1", host: "xxxxxxx", referrer: "http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx"