Setting Allow / Deny Rules + Keep processing other location rules?

Mayhem30 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jul 5 16:29:18 UTC 2014

I'm having a heck of a time setting allow / deny rules for certain
directories and files + getting Nginx to keep handling other location
rules.

For example, I want to only allow my IP address access to the WordPress
login page:

 location ~* wp-login.php {
      allow 22.131.12.14;
      deny all;
  }

 # Pass off php requests to Apache
 location ~* \.php$ {
       include /usr/local/etc/nginx/proxypass.conf;
       proxy_pass         http://127.0.0.1:80;
  }

When I visit the WordPress login page, all I see is the raw PHP code.

How can I set up the first location block to allow me to add allow / deny
rules, charset, headers, etc + have PHP files still processed by the second
location block?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,251473,251473#msg-251473