i cant use limit_conn_zone

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jul 8 22:01:40 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 04:05:26PM -0400, farukest wrote:

> I want to add some code to my nginx.conf , im using portable nginx php mysql
> dev stack (WT-NMP). Anyway when i add " limit_req_zone  $binary_remote_addr
> zone=one:10m   rate=1r/s; " in http {.. , nginx is not working correctly.
> where do i go wrong, i need help. Thanks in advance

The "limit_conn_zone" creates a shared memory zone, and this
doesn't work on Windows Vista and later due to ASLR, see here:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/windows.html#known_issues

One of possible workarounds is to start nginx with "master_process
off", which is mostly development mode, though also allows to
address this limitation.

http://nginx.org/