nginx subdomains ajp module

LucianaD nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Jul 24 10:20:28 UTC 2014

LucianaD Wrote:
> Hi,
> of course!
> I've used the standard package (the one I install with apt-get on
> ubuntu server) and I made this configuration:
>
> upstream tomcat_server {
>
>         server tomcat.domain.com:8080;
> }
>
> server{
>         listen 80;
>         server_name     app1.domain.com;
>         location / {
>
>                 proxy_pass      http://tomcat_server/app1/;
>                 sub_filter      /app1/       /;
>                            }
>              }
>
> to use subdomains, but the application didn't work properly: once I
> did login, the user session wasn't loaded , so I couldn't use it
> (after login, I saw alway the login page with some parts of other
> pages) , so someone adviced me to use ajp connector.
> I've installed again nginx without the use of apt-get and now my
> configuration is:
>
> worker_processes  1;
>
> #error_log  logs/error.log;
> #error_log  logs/error.log  notice;
> #error_log  logs/error.log  info;
>
> #pid        logs/nginx.pid;
>

> events {
>     worker_connections  1024;
> }
>

> http {
>         upstream tomcat {
>                 server tomcat.domain.com:8009;
>         keepalive 20;
>
>                         }
>
>         server {
>                 listen 80;
>                 server_name app1.domain.com;
>
>         location / {
>                 ajp_keep_conn on;
>                 ajp_pass       tomcat/app1/;
>                         }
>                 }
>  }
>

> but I don't know how to configure it to have something like
> app1.domain.com  and check if it works.
> With this config, when I go on app1.domain.com, I see the main page of
> tomcat server

I have to add (I don't find the Edit button :) )  that I have to use
subdomains for jboss application too and I have a problem with those apps ..
in that case, with the use of subdomains I cannot see the login pages ever.

I apologize for my english, I hope what I wrote would be understandable

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,252011,252017#msg-252017