Can't get nginx to work with Adminer nor phpMyadmin

KC qwrules at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:12:03 UTC 2014

Sorry about the link. Don't know how it happened.

So, the portions in question of nginx.conf are:

         server {
          server_name     phpmyadmin.<domain.tld>;

          root    /usr/share/webapps/phpMyAdmin;
          index   index.php;

          location ~ \.php$ {
                  try_files      $uri =404;
                  fastcgi_pass   unix:/var/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock;
                  fastcgi_index  index.php;
                  include        fastcgi.conf;

         server {
          server_name     adminer.<domain.tld>;

          root    /usr/share/webapps/adminer;
          index   index.php;

          location ~ \.php$ {
                  try_files      $uri =404;
                  fastcgi_pass   unix:/var/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock;
                  fastcgi_index  index.php;
                  include        fastcgi.conf;

And the  /etc/nginx/sites-available/adminer  file is:

     server {

      listen   80;
      server_name adminer;

      index adminer-3.3.3.php;
      set $root_path '/usr/share/webapps/adminer';
      root $root_path;

     try_files $uri $uri/ @rewrite;

      location @rewrite {
          rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?_url=/$1;
      }

      location ~ \.php {
          fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php5-fpm.sock;
          fastcgi_index /adminer-3.3.3.php;

          include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;

          fastcgi_split_path_info       ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
          fastcgi_param PATH_INFO       $fastcgi_path_info;
          fastcgi_param PATH_TRANSLATED $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;
          fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
      }

      location ~* ^/(css|img|js|flv|swf|download)/(.+)$ {
          root $root_path;
      }

      location ~ /\.ht {
          deny all;

I don't know if this file is necessary. The howtos for making
Adminer/phpMyadmin work with Nginx are very limited to non-existent.

I want to be able to type http://ipaddress/phpmyadmin (or adminer) and
see its respective interface. But as it is now, I only get 404 error.