nginx channel

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Jun 6 12:20:43 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 08:14:25AM -0400, nginxsantos wrote:

> I was not clear about the usage of ngx_channel? When each worker process is
> started, the function "ngx_pass_open_channel" is called. It is not clear to
> me where we do use the channels, I mean for what ?

Channels are used to pass control messages from master to workers.
In particular, this is how master asks workers to shutdown, reopen
logs and so on.

It is planned that this infrastructure will also allow workers to
pass various notifications from one process to others, though it's
not something currently available.

http://nginx.org/