website with login button, redirect to intranet?

ericmachine nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jun 7 01:07:57 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I would like to check whether this is possible with nginx (on ubuntu 12.04
LTS 64 bits).

I have a website

www.mywebpage.com.my

this is just another website.

There is a login button. When someone click on this login button, it would
redirect them to https://erp.mywebpage.com.my. However, there are 2
scenarios will happen:-
- if you are connected to our secure VPN (via OpenVPN), this redirection
would be successful.
- if you are not connected to the secure VPN (means the user doesn't have
any access), then it will show "you are not authorised to view this page".
This message should appear within www.mywebpage.com.my.

FYI

www.mywebpage.com.my - hosted on a public facing VPS (outside office)

erp.mywebpage.com.my - hosted at my office server (once connected to the
secure VPN, it is as if accessing via intranet)

Is this possible and any suggestions to make this work?

Thanks.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,250715,250715#msg-250715