Switching to nginx: php and rewrite rules from apache

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Jun 7 09:08:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:50:05AM +0200, Luciano Mannucci wrote:

Hi there,

> I have one site in php developped by the customer that seemed
> ok till I discovered that it has a subdirectory with its own .htacess
> file. Trying to add the rewriting rules makes the php "dead", only in
> the cited subdirectory.

You use "location" (http://nginx.org/r/location) and "rewrite"
(http://nginx.org/r/rewrite) with the "break" flag.

Based on the documentation, I guess that you will want to include within
your "/en/" location, some configuration which tells nginx how you want
php requests to be handled.

> What did I have wrong?

You left out some useful information:

* what request do you make?