Accessing the location configuration of module 2 during post configuration processing of module 1 for a particular server

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jun 10 14:52:33 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 02:09:13AM +0800, Rv Rv wrote:

> How do we access the configuration of a an unrelated module in a
> given module. This may be required for example to check if the
> directives pertaining to module 2 were specified in location for
> a particular server that has directives for module 1 in its
> configuration.

I don't think it's something you should do at postconfiguration -
location structure is complex and not easily accessible.  There
are location configuration merge callbacks where you are expected
to work with location configs and, in particular, can use
ngx_http_conf_get_module_loc_conf() macro to access a
configuration of other modules (note though, that order of modules
may be important in this case).

[...]

> I did not find any documentation on how the configuration is stored within nginx using these structs

It's under src/, in C language.

I would rather say it's not a part of the API, and you'd better
avoid using it directly.

http://nginx.org/