Accessing the location configuration of module 2 during post configuration processing of module 1 for a particular server

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sat Jun 14 19:35:37 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 01:46:58PM +0800, Rv Rv wrote:

[...]

> In the post configuration, I see that flag is not properly set
> but somestring is. Flag is properly set during request
> processing though.
> Are the values set during processing of a directive in location
> struct guaranteed to be set by the time post configuration is
> executed?
> When is the time that one can check for the values set during
> configuration. I need to test these values to ensure that they
> are sane when nginx is executed with -t option

Again: there are lots of location configurations, and by trying to
access them at postconfiguration callback you are likely checking
a wrong one.  Note that even a simple config with a single
location in a single server{} block, like this:

     http { server { location { ... } } }

has 3 location configurations for each http module.

As previously suggested, you should consider using merge callbacks
to validate configuration instead.

http://nginx.org/